2015 School Games Criteria
2015 Sainsbury's School Games – Manchester - 3-6 September
NI Judo Team Criteria
1. Age brackets - Athletes born 1997-2001
2. Weight Categories:
Male, u50, u55, u60, u66, u73, u81, o81kgs
Female, u44, u48, u52, u57, u63, u70, o70kgs
Please note, the lightest male and female categories will have a minimum weight restriction, the heaviest male & female categories MAY have a maximum weight restriction, this will be decided by the event organisers.
3. Eligibility: Athletes of the appropriate age and weight (as above) should live in and/or go to school in Northern Ireland.
4. Funding Funding for this event has not yet been decided. In previous years Sport NI have financially supported the entire NI team at the School Games; due to recent budget cuts, Sport NI are currently reviewing whether they can continue to do this. Therefore the number of players we can send to the event and the cost to these players has not yet been decided.
5. Selection for the above event will based on the following:
5.1. Winning a medal with a minimum of 2 wins in the Cadet or Junior categories at one of the following tournaments:
5.1.1. Sportif International, Edinburgh, 4 April
5.1.2. NI Open, Belfast, 25/26th April
5.1.3. North of England, Bradford, 17th May
5.1.4. London International, London, 23rd/24th May
5.1.5. Northern Home Counties, Harlow, Essex, 6/7 June
5.2. Results at any events deemed by the selection panel to be of a higher level than the 5 events mentioned above (eg. Venray International, EJU Cadet or Junior European Cups).
5.3. Submitting the following to the National Coach in writing (a written copy must be in the Judo office in the House of Sport or an email containing all of the relevant information should be sent to the National Coach) by 12 noon on Friday 12 June:
5.3.1 The athletes detailed weekly training programme
5.3.2. A copy of the athlete's training diary for the months of April & May 2015
5.3.3. A copy of the athlete's competition results for the previous 12 months (must include age and weight categories as well as the number of contests won/lost at each competition)
5.4. As those athletes born in 2001 cannot enter Cadet or Junior Age categories, their selection will be based on the information received from 5.3.1, 5.3.2 & 5.3.3. Please note that due to the level of this tournament, athletes born in 2001 will only be selected in extreme circumstances (for example, last year 2 players of the same age were selected as they were both current Pre-Cadet British Champions).
5.5. A coach can apply for selection on behalf a player who does not meet the criteria in number 5.1. or 5.2. but either wins a medal with 1 win or is placed 5th with a minimum of 2 wins at one of the events (5.1.1 – 5.1.5) by submitting all of the information in 5.3.1 – 5.3.3 to the national coach by the cut-off date (12noon Friday 12 June).
5.6. Selections will be made based on the commitment of the athlete to fulfil the agreed training programme in the 8 weeks leading up to the event.
6. Selection Panel Selections will be made by a 3-person panel that will include the National Coach, the National Junior Squad Coach and the National Cadet Squad Coach. Once these selections have been made, they must be ratified by the NIJF Executive Committee.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the National Coach at – firstname.lastname@example.org