- This event has passed.
July 1 @ 9:30 am - July 2 @ 4:00 pm$5.00 – $35.00
The Judo Unity Weekend is BACK!
Following the success of the event last year, we are delighted to let everyone know that the Unity Weekend will be happening again in the Lisburn Racquets club at the start of July.
This weekend (as well as being a Coach revalidation event), will give players and coaches to connect with clubs from the South, both on the mat and if they choose over drinks and a bite to eat!
Learn from each other, train with each other and forge new connections in Judo.
Check out some highlights both on and off the mats from last year – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEPVsxNbk30
It is highly recommended that players from our Pathway and Academy Squad attend these sessions:
Here is a planned itinerary for the two days. You are welcome to attend one day, or two. The best value package is the complete weekend deal which includes a buffet dinner!
All Saturday prices include a light lunch and you can pay cash on both days:
Saturday 1st July
- 9.30-10.30 ‘Kumikata’
- 10.45-11.45 ‘Throwing for Ippon’
- 12.00-1.00pm ‘Winning in Newaza’.
- 1.00-2.00pm Light Lunch provided in Racquets Club Lounge
- 2.00-3.00pm ‘Transition Training’
- 3.15-4.15pm ‘Contest Management Training’ – Hajime/Matte Model
- 4.30-5.30pm ‘Fighting without Fear’.
- 7.30pm Buffet and hospitality in Racquets Club Lounge
Sunday 2nd July
- 11.00-12.15pm Newaza Randori
- 12.30-1.30pm Tachiwaza Randori
- 2.00-3.30pm NI Adaptive Squad training
(you can attend just this session at a cost of £5pp)
- 4.00pm Finish
Please note, all tickets are non-refundable.